A recent article we came across on www.marketplace.org describes how Police in Bordeaux France are using drones to catch drivers violating traffic laws. They have already issued hundreds of fines thanks to the spy in the sky.
The drone has a clear view of the traffic but the police are hidden behind trees. They’re watching out for dangerous behavior, like driving too close to the vehicle in front or illegal passing.
Motorcycle cops, waiting down the road from the drone zone, receive a description of an incident and move to intercept, flagging down the offending vehicle and escorting it to a shoulder where a third group of police are waiting to ticket them and receive on-the-spot fines..
Drone surveillance does have one limitation. Although it can show dangerous driving — cars zigzagging through traffic for example — it is not suitable to detect speeding.
Government officials in charge of road safety said punitive measures are needed to change driver behavior. But some drivers are unhappy. Speed cameras already earn the French government three-quarters of a billion dollars a year in fines.
Droneinsurance.ie is an online drone insurance specialist. Click here to download the proposal form.
The Typical Drone Insurance Coverage that our clients would look for
UAV / Drone All Risks Insurance – Main Coverage
- Replace or repair, accidental loss or damage to the UAV
- Includes disappearance if the UAV is unreported for 60 days
- Includes Payload
UAV /Drone Third Party Liability Insurance – Main Coverage
- Compensatory damages in respect of accidental bodily injury (fatal or otherwise) caused by the UAV
- Compensatory damages to property caused by the UAV
- Can provide cover during the R&D phase
UAV Products Liability Insurance – Main Coverage
- Bodily injury or property damage arising out of products manufactured by the Insured once such products are no longer in the possession or control of the insured
- Insurers will pay legal costs incurred in the defence of any claim made against the insured up to sum insured
Call us now on 091 563518 or visit www.droneinsurance.ie for more details